Labor Day Grilled Hamburger Recipe
The summer should end with a bang, or a delicious bite with a kick into Labor Day enjoying this delicious hamburger prepared on the grill. What’s unique about this burger recipe is that you won’t toss out the extra, such as the bacon grease. Everything will be incorporation into one, or several burgers.
What You will need to make the burger
- Sliced Bacon (as much as your heart desires) but, we recommend 6-10 slices. You can use turkey bacon if you would like, but keep in mind it doesn’t produce the grease you will use later.
- Ground Beef.
- 1 cup bread crumbs.
- 1 TBSP red pepper flakes – or more depending your taste buds!
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-jack cheese (we recommend more for the cheese lovers out there!).
- Tomato, Red onion & Avocado slices
- Hamburger buns
- Cooking Spray
- Additional sliced cheese to top if you desire
- Place your copious amount of bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, until evenly browned but not totally crisp. Drain on paper towels, but be sure to save about 1 TBSP of bacon grease.
- Mix your ground beef, bread crumbs, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and bacon grease in a bowl until thoroughly combined; divide meat mixture into 4 equal portions. Form each portion into a large patty, making them as thin as possible. Sprinkle shredded Colby-Jack cheese onto 2 of the patties, leaving an edge about 3/4 inch wide uncovered. Place second patty onto the cheese and press the edges of the patties together to create 2 cheese-stuffed burgers. Place stuffed patties into freezer to chill slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Spray your grill with cooking spray and place your prepared burgers onto the grill cooking on low heat. After the first flip, place 3 partially-cooked bacon (or turkey bacon) slices onto each burger.
- About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place your additional slices of cheese on top (pepper-jack is a nice touch) onto each burger; top with tomato, red onions & avocado slices.
Garnish as needed. Serve while hot! Enjoy!Previous Next