Back to school fun
School may be quickly approaching, but grilling season is year round! We have a fun, yet delicious recipe for you and your kids! This quick and simple treat is perfect for a snack, lunch or even when your kids have friends over.
Grilled Cheese on the Grill
What you will need:
- Cheese, of course! This selection is totally up to you and the tastebuds of the consumer. We recommend Havarti (dill) cheese, Sliced provolone, American cheese or Smoked cheddar cheese.
- Bread of choice! We recommend for the kids white or wheat bread as they are less likely to complain. However, for the adult children we recommend Marbled Rye or even Texas Toast.
- Margarine or butter and olive oil
- Optional: Garlic
- A charcoal or gas grill
- Thongs – this will help keep the bread in tact
Steps you will take:
- Fire up the grill
- Butter & Olive oil the bread of your choosing
- Assemble the cheese onto the bread.
- Grill to perfection! Keep in mind to keep the grill at a low temp to minimize burning or charring the bread before the cheese has completely melted.
- Optional: Add bacon, tomato, onion in with the sliced cheese for the ultimate grilled cheese sandwich!