We know our customers are creative fun folks who are always looking for a good time. We’ve found this recipe for a brand new twist on spiked hot chocolate/pina colada that will leave you wondering if you’re in the dead of a St. Louis winter or sitting pretty on an island.
For the Hot Chocolate:
- 1 can (13.5oz) coconut milk
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 4 cup water
- In a large pot over medium heat, whisk together the coconut milk, condensed milk, cocoa powder, salt and pineapple juice. Do not boil. Reduce heat to simmer and add rum and water. Continue heating until desired temperature.
For the Spiked Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream (cold)
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- In a cold mixing bowl, whip heavy cream on medium-high until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar and rum until fully incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.