- 8 oz. tortilla chips
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Mexican style shredded cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped red onions
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- HEAT grill to medium-high heat.
- DOUBLE-FOLD edges of large sheet of heavy-duty foil to make rimmed 12×10-inch tray. Spread chips onto bottom of tray; cover with cheese, onions and peppers.
- PLACE on center of grill. Turn off burners directly below tray; cover grill with lid. Grill 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
- TOP with tomatoes. Serve with sour cream.
For healthier alternatives, consider using reduced fat shredded cheese, reduced fat or light sour cream and lightly salted tortilla chips.
Take It Up A Notch:
Spice up your next nacho or traditional barbecue with a Forshaw contemporary twist on a traditional appetizer. For this appetizer, especially for the meat lovers out there, serve with grilled chicken breasts and a grilled salad galore to round out the meal!
Top It Off:
The possibilities are endless when you add your favorite nacho toppings, such as chopped fresh cilantro, sliced black olives and/or guacamole, just before serving.