So Much Turkey! What Do I Do?
Transform your Thanksgiving leftovers into a dish that is satisfying and tasty! At Forshaw, we appreciate a good recipe that can be made via stove-top, grill or oven. Heck, we even appreciate a good ‘ol microwave, too! Below, we have included two recipes you can whip up in no time using your turkey leftovers. A heart turkey pot-pie and a salad with turkey. Enjoy and happy Thanksgiving!
Turkey Pot Pie
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken or turkey stock
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups shredded turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Melt butter in saucepan and cook chopped onion until tender. Stir in celery and carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add potatoes and simmer until tender. Stir in turkey, parsley and peas.
- Pour mixture into casserole. Top with pie crust and brush with egg.
- Bake for 30 minutes until crust is golden.
- 2 cups shredded leftover turkey meat
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 crisp apple, such as Gala or Macintosh, cored and chopped
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup non-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more as needed
- 1 small celery root, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Using a large bowl, gently toss the turkey, celery, apple, grapes, and pecans until combined.
- Using a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well combined.
- Put the celery root in a small bowl, add 2 tablespoons of the dressing, and toss to coat completely.
- Add the remaining dressing to the turkey mixture, season with salt and pepper, and toss gently to evenly dress the salad.