Spring is a great time to bust out the grill & start making ll your favorite meals again. If you’re wanting to try a new side dish to go along with your delicious grilled chicken, steak, ribs, pork steaks and more, why not take advantage of the vegetable of the season? Here is a great way to cook up asparagus, bell peppers, & carrots that is sure to become a staple for your meals.
- 4 to 6 green onions
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 12 thyme springs
- 1-1/3 cups white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Trim both ends of onions; cut the green tops into 7-in. lengths. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add onion tops; boil for 1 minute or until softened. Drain and immediately place onion tops in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Chop white portions of onions and set aside.
- Divide asparagus, peppers and carrots into 12 bundles. Top each with a thyme sprig. Tie each bundle with a blanched onion top.
- In a large skillet, combine the wine, chopped onions and vegetable bundles. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid is reduced by two-thirds.
- Carefully remove bundles with a slotted spoon to a serving plate. Add butter to skillet, cook and stir until melted.
Make it your own by adding other veggies. Be sure to let us know how much you enjoyed it!